Travels in Bletchley

Follow my day to day workings of a typical childrens and youth worker in Bletchley

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Its funny how the weeks go so quickly... the wedding went fine - was so glad i went. Had a little ARRRRGH on the way back as it was dark and didnt think I would need to see my directions!! Ooops, got back ok though!

What have I been up to... Got into a better daily pattern. If I am working in the evenings, I kinda have a lazy morning, its good that i dont have internet at home as I would be on it 24/7 and not sure thats helpful.

I guess the most interesting thing I have done is go to the youth work conference - it was fab - Caught some of rob bells stuff, got a couple of noomas :)

The main sessions this year we thought were top notch, great stuff, although the seminars were ok, i think last years had more choice and they seemed to be better, but still a great weekend, all the volunteers sorted somethings out, and we are going to have a reflection night about tonight, so will see how many turn up! People give so much of thier time so can understand if they cant make it.

This week it has been the normal rat race, but with a terrifing difference! My weekend is CRAZY - more than normal! I think I am still in a state of shock that panic hasnt quite set in!! I begin my saturday with Dream Factory which is a small feat in its self every week! I then go straight in to band practice - Eeeek, and Im playing drums! We are having a huge youth event, kinda like catalyst and its at our church this time - never been done before, so we are having a cafe style. Will be good, but have to sort out quiz things, aaargh its stresses me out thinking about it. but not only do I have to play, I am also doing the main talk :s

This weekend also includes taking sunday school lessons in one church, and helping with rehearsals in the other church, as well as fitting in more band practices - Were does the time go for prep!? Good question! Please pray, this is gonna be a tough one!

On the upside films have been my refuge (as well as major prayer and God of course!)
Went to see 007 when it came out - great stuff!!It seemed to loose something though, not sure what it was, but i thought daniel craig was very good, maybe a bit wooden in some places, but am looking forward to the next one.


A surprise recomendation for the week - and those who know me will laugh, but i am being serious!! Its really good!!
A film called 'Step Up' thought it would be a silly, sappy kinda film, but they mix the instrumental/classical stuff with the rap and r&b sooooo well, acting could be better but the dancing and the feel of the film was great! A great opening scene as well, thumbs up!


Well I should grab some food -

Hahaha, im not that bad yet!

1 peter 2:9 - LOVE IT!

1 Comments:

Blogger TLT said...

007 is actually ok... *surprise* dad got me to go see it *blah* heh.

glad u had a good weekend at the YW conference... I"m struggling big time up here at the moment... won't go into detail, but yeh. sucks. Works not any worse though *hehe*

Am looking forward to going home... 26 days and counting...

u got a landline yet?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home