Travels in Bletchley

Follow my day to day workings of a typical childrens and youth worker in Bletchley

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Feeling calm on the outside, its kinda my day off, but.... inside quite stressed.

Was great having time off last week, but the amount that piled up, and things that need to be sorted out...feel like im constantly trying to catch up! But its ok, im enjoying it - had a good chat with my line manager, and feel iam getting into this role a lot quicker than previous roles - feels like I have been here for ages!! hehe

Its been a while since my last post - let me fill you in on some of my adventures.... (thumbs up to those who make it through - sorry its a long one!)

decided that although I feel I am quite a positive person, and the sun has been shining, my clothes have gone quite dark, and so went on a little shopping spree with a very good friend of mine in watford, was a lot of fun, its only 30mins by train so I think we are gonna try and meet up a lot more.

For the last couple of weeks, we have been doing a childrens and youth presentation to the congregations at st marys and st johns, each one was very different. The children and young people really got involved, think we are gonna try and get them more involved in the music groups as some of them are fab!

On the 23rd I travelled over 400 or so miles up to glasgow - it was on this trip that I realised I was truly a film geek, as I was able to identify which film someone was watching by the starting music as the beginning of the film! eeek!

Went into icc - wow that place hasnt changed, it still smells of damp and bleech hehe, but it was great seeing folk again. Its odd thinking that people you knew well have seperate lives from you now. Linda took us to her place - its actually quite big! Had a lovely evening in with an indian (no, not josh, the food kind), and xmen 3 and chocs - Ahhhh, what a nice b'day :)

Went off to mum and dads for the rest of the week. We got a chinese (can you see a pattern here...) and hung out which was cool,
Went shopping again with mum, and then had to start thinking about packing up to go back to glasgow.
Met up with G, had a very good curry! and managed to get through a lot of lemonades!!Josh and henry joined us for a bit and then I got a lift with linda back to hers for the weekend.
We went to the craft show at the secc which was MASSIVE, im quite glad I had to leave early as I had already spent a lot for the hour and a bit I was there for! hehe
Met up with rebekah, was really good to catch up with her and to see how things at college was going.
Ended the evening with going back to my second home - (cineworld) saw the guardian - would recommed it. And it is true that its like a coastguard version of topgun, they even have those famous sunglasses in there!

Spent all of sunday at NMBC, was really good to go back there and to see folk again. I am glad to say that things have moved, met the new trainee, he seems very enthusiastic in what he is doing, so thats good. :)
Went back to MK on the monday, and went straight into a meeting - was ok
and then my week has been more or less none stop since then :)

Its been a good couple of weeks,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home