Travels in Bletchley

Follow my day to day workings of a typical childrens and youth worker in Bletchley

Thursday, August 17, 2006

wow,
been reading some stuff in 1 Corninthians ch 15 and 16 - check it out,

things here are almost too good to be true, the young people are fantastic, church folk fantastic, I have a gorgeous flat, had an awesome time at soul survivor. I have already worn my clothes in side out (in honour of martha's b'day) as it was in side out day infront of 10,000 people, worn fairy wings and sparkly glitter on my eyes again because of martha - yes it is true, I have really embraced what it means to be a youth worker!! have been driving around bletchley, shopping in IKEA and putting it altogether my self - are you impressed, no guys need here! I have battled with showers and estate agents, run through torrential rain and thunder storms, and this is all within my first week of work!!! Cant wait to see what next week has in store for me!

Here are a few photos of soul survivor and some pics of my new youth group.








I had always been a bit iffy about S.S and to some degrees there were a few things where I kinda giggled at when it was quiet - 'Thats, the Lord!!' Our young people say this now whenever anything happens, as Mike Pillovatchi said that every couple of minutes when ''The spirit was working, or moving'' hehe. my bro and tim would get on really well with them!!

The rest of this week I will be in the office, as I cant get internet at home yet. Sunday I will try and see what the summer sunday school is like, and meet some folk :)

Tue my sister is coming around to stay - cant wait, it will be nice to have a familiar face around, will order in pizzas and watch movies or something :) YAY!
(my living room/dinning room :) )

Thats it for now, will try and update soon!!

1 Comments:

Blogger TLT said...

looks like you're settling in well =)

xx

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home