Travels in Bletchley

Follow my day to day workings of a typical childrens and youth worker in Bletchley

Wednesday, February 21, 2007



what a good show - although season 4 and 5 are my fav :) -

'Just keep swimming' i think is my words of wisdom today!

wow a lot has gone through my head this month, one being that although being single is fantastic its very dangerous cos all i do is watch tv when im in :s which is making me lazy....hmmm!!!!!

Went to the soul survivor in watford, am always quite reluctant in going and I think i figured out why - I dont want to look weak, and sometimes during these things when they ask you to go up to the front I think that people will go -Oooh she has problems! hehe. Anyway....The guy speaking was fantastic, the music was fantastic, it was purely about God and his voice and im so glad we all went. We all had to sort stuff out, for me it was realising that just because things are ticking away nicely doesnt mean that I'm all sorted with God. The dude was talking about Jacob and his wrestling with God. he was saying that its ok to be a loser (like jacob in the end)because God is the winner, and as we are with God..... he also mentioned that God struck jacob's hip and the idea of jacob then having to rely on a crutch (so to speak) and how as people we can get quite controlling of our lives and that God needs to be our crutch. How I apply this is easier said than done...im still working on that, but something was started on sunday, so that was cool :)

I am currently on a break this week! yay, back at home with mum and dad which has been very nice. Brought my laptop up with me so I can work on some stuff. went for a walk kinda along the beach, and a swim at the local pool - have not done that for ages!! like 6,7 yrs or so!!hehe, my arms were aching sooo much!

Slightly nervous about what I am going to go back to on fri....we have started out holiday club planning, and am organising two weekends away, so my week will include the normal stuff plus writing dramas, reg forms, etc! eeek, but we love it!! lol




taken at christmas time - dad and chloe, not a great quality photo, but its really cute!!

3 Comments:

Blogger TLT said...

sounds like it was good then... I wish there was more stuff like that up here...

ach you'll sail through next week xP you always do... mostly coz God is *right there* beside you, and also because he gave you a natural ability to do such things *grins*

11:47 AM  
Blogger Dream Factory said...

Aww, cheers, that was lovely :)
how you doing?

8:39 PM  
Blogger TLT said...

ok - tired, as usual - but good...

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home